Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Changing password on DRAC

I am trying to change a password on a DRAC using racadm and all I can come up with is the following command which works but only for the root id:

racadm config -g cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i 1 password

Problem is I want/need to change about 2000 servers but it isn't the root ID's password that I need to change.

Lets say the ID was named testid how would you change it through the command line? Is it even possiable?

We delete the root ID for security purposes and if the root id is gone I get the following error:

racadm config: Transport: ERROR: objectIdSet. RC=15

Any ideas? When I find a command that works then my plans is simply to script it for the other 1999 servers

Thanks for any all help!


Figured it out and WOW I am unhappy that it seems you can only do it by the number assoicated to the ID in when it was created.

So basically if it is ID 2 then you use the following:

racadm config -g cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i 2 mypassword

But the catch is with as many servers as I have I have no idea if #2 ID is the ID I need/want to change since some servers have more than 1 ID

Wish we could change it via the DRAC username instead of number and if there is a way to do it let me know

racadm getconfig -u

...will return the index number (-i #, in your command line above)

No comments: