Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where is my windows authentication in IIS 7 ?

Ahh... I installed II7 on windows server 2008 and realized that in the paranoia of making the server secure, I didnt install windows authentication...

But then I couldnt find the feature anywhere.. and trust me, I looked..

Finally, I figured it out...

So, putting a note here for future reference


Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2

  1. On the taskbar, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
  2. In the Server Manager hierarchy pane, expand Roles, and then click Web Server (IIS).
  3. In the Web Server (IIS) pane, scroll to the Role Services section, and then click Add Role Services.
  4. On the Select Role Services page of the Add Role Services Wizard, select Windows Authentication, and then click Next.
  5. On the Confirm Installation Selections page, click Install.
  6. On the Results page, click Close.

No comments: