Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How can I access “Visual Studio Conversion Wizard” for a WebSite?




I'm using this article to convert my ASP.NET 2.0 web application to an ASP.NET 4.0 application.
However, the article states that I will be prompted to change to .NET 4.0 when I open up my project/website.
As I've previously declined this dialog I'm not longer being prompted.
I've read this question which states I should click on the Properties tab of my solution, but I only have "Properties Window". Perhaps this is just for Projects/
How can I get the conversion wizard to reappear for my WebSite was the question of the moment... I looked everywhere and could not find a solution...


Update:


I haven't been able to get the Conversion Wizard to reappear, but I have been able to convert to .NET 4.0 by:
Right Clicking on my website
Selecting Property Pages
Then go to Build tab
Change Target Framework
This made all the changes to my web.config automatically just like the conversion wizard would.


Site seems to be running in 4.0 ...testing time I say.

No comments: